What is Genoray C – arm?
The C – arm machine is a modernization of the initial manner of taking X rays. The name of this technology arises from the C shaped arm visible in the machine which connects the X-ray source and detector.
The machine is known as an image intensifier, which is a part of the machine working as a detector. The image detector is useful in presenting a crystal clear picture of the object for X rays. It enhances the quality and brightness of any X-ray contributing to the accurate diagnosis of disease.
The radiographic abilities present in the c-arm system allows viewers to view the object efficiently in low light. It uses flat panel detectors that are durable, accurate, light, and even cost-effective.
Components and Functions : –
The work of Genoray c – arm is to click images from all the angles. The machine has 3 divisions of X-ray generators, imaging system, and workstation unit. With the help of these components, doctors can easily detect the seriousness of the patient’s health.
The generator is useful to scan the patient’s body parts from all the angles. Whereas, the image intensifier converts all the X – rays into real and clear images. The doctors can then see them on the c arm monitor and focus on the affected area.
This system is light-weighted, flexible, and has zero risks and reactions on the body, so it is a good investment.
Uses of this system : –
The c arm system is light yet firm in its grip. It sticks well to the ground and does not fall or get misaligned during the investigation process. The workstation unit manages functions such as power supply, radiography settings, noise reduction, light exposure, and image enhancement.
It is useful in studies like cardiac, angiography, orthopedic procedures, biopsies, and embolizations. It is easy to implant any device successfully into the body part because of this machine.
As it has a high level of imaging properties, it adds to the success of injecting needles, or anesthesia at the correct joint. It avoids the risk of damaging other parts of the body due to medicinal after effects.
During surgeries like gallbladder removal and liver transplantation, the surgeons get clear and multiple views of the defective portion from all the angles. They can also study the patient’s case from the construction of the 3D model, which is available from the c arm machine.
The Genoray c arm is also useful in cases relating to urology, digestive system, reproductive system, and circulation of blood in the body.
Features of the System : –
The technology and the types of equipment are enhancing and improving day by day. Flat-panel detectors are substituting the traditional Image detectors depicting advancement in the medical sector.
Some of the top and latest launches of Genoray c arm machines come with the following features:
- Resolution of 2000×2000 pixels and output of 1000×1000 pixels.
- Economical and affordable prices similar to the other models in the market.
- 10.5″ Swivel Tech Color Touch Screen monitor with Split Screen capability.
- It has a huge storage capacity that encompasses about 5 million images internally at a time.
- Free updates and security software are available at regular intervals.
- The companies offer 5 years of industrial warranty, which is the highest guarantee for any medical appliance.
With such excellent features and a price worth investing, it is sure to become a great asset to the medical industry.
Merits and Demerits: –
Now let’s take a look at some of the advantages and disadvantages of having c arm machines in hospitals.
- Patients with disabilities or immune conditions do not need to loiter around from one floor to the other for different examinations. The hospital can keep this machine in the ICU or bring it there from another place to examine the critical patients.
- All the reports and scans related to the patient’s body parts and condition are readily available in one place. There is no need for seeking advice from outside laboratories or any cross-examination from other hospitals.
- The hospital does not need to build a separate building or space for X-ray and other scans. It will save a lot of space and funds for the hospital.
This system has only one disadvantage if we consider orthopedic surgeries. During surgery, the surgeon needs to focus simultaneously on both sides of the table.
Even though the machine is flexible, it can’t move automatically in every direction. It is a machine, so it needs human support.
Types of C arm machine: –
There are mainly four types of C arm machines: Mini c arms, full-size C arms, Super c arms, and Complex C arms.
- The mini c arm is useful while treating smaller diseases and injuries like fractures. They are usually helpful in orthopedic and podiatric cases. These machines have a 4″/6″ imaging intensifier for minute findings.
- A full-size c arm machine is an ideal machine for performing surgeries related to cardiology, spine, and torso. It has a space of about 26 inches, so it can conveniently cover the patient with the table. These machines use either 6/9″ or 12″ intensifier for accuracy purposes.
- Compact C arms are a mixture of the mini c arms and the full c arms. They are larger than the mini c arms but smaller than the full-size c arms. The most important feature of these compact c arms is that you can easily move them from one place to another.
- The Super C arm is true to its name and allows the accommodation of heavy patients suffering from obesity or overweight problems. It is easy to meet the requirements of this category of patients because of the huge space of 33 inches.
The Genoray c arm system is a technology that is of great help for the doctors as well as the patients. This machine is not harmful in any way, whether it is inside the body or outside. It is because of this reason that companies like Philips, GE Healthcare, Siemens, and Ziehm Imaging are launching more advancements in these machines.
Incoming search terms: