Hormonal imbalance and the PCOD are two common terms for women now a day. Experts cannot explain the valid reason for the problems but have put the pollutions and bad eating habits as the main responsible. But that does not mean they are incurable. Researchers have shown that proper eating habits and regular exercises can develop the condition and keeps fits.
Common symptoms of the PCOD are obesity, excess lower weight, irregular periods, frequent changing of mood, depression and many other problems in the body. All these can be easily overcome by proper food habits and exercise. Here is a guide for them:
Tips to overcome PCOD
Coming to the diet, these tips can be helpful if you are detected PCOD by your gynecologist
- Reduce the intake of sugar in your food. Carbonated drinks, sugary fruit juices, sodas, sweet foods, and other such foods. Replace these foods with fresh fruits, lemon water, and plain water. They help to keep the body’s metabolism high and use up the fat in the body.
- Avoid the intake of dairy products. Milk and milk based items should b readily avoided. The milk and those milk-based products can make the PCO symptoms more severe.
- Increase the intake of protein in your diet. Protein can help you in many ways and also helps in balancing the hormones too.
- Lots of green vegetable and fresh fruits can be taken which can be a great option for snacks items.
- Eggs play a vital role and eating two or eggs in a day are not at all harmful for you. it will instead help in reducing the weight of the body.
A sample diet chart for PCOD
If you are looking for following a PCOS diet, then here is a sample:
- Early morning: have warm water with few drops of fresh lemon juice.
- Breakfast: oats with warm water, boiled egg (2), or two brown bread and scrambled egg.
- Mid-morning snacks: one fresh fruit(except banana, mango, jackfruit, chikoo)
- Lunch: two roti, one bowl of vegetable/ fish/ chicken soup, one bowl of salad and one bowl of curd.
- Snacks: almond and green tea
- Dinner: chapatti and chicken soup with a bowl of fresh salad.
This is a sample diet and one must consult with the dietician before following such a low-calorie diet. Obviously, the amount has to be suggested by the doctors based on the body’s need.
Foods to include in the diet
Here are some foods are given which can reduce the symptoms of the PCOD:
- Broccoli, cauliflower, sprouts
- Lettuce, arugula and other green leafy vegetables like kale, spinach
- Green and red pepper
- Beans and lentils
- Almonds and walnuts
- Berries, tomatoes
- Sweet potato
- Winter squash
- Chicken, egg, and fish rich in omega three fatty acids
- Olive oil
Foods to avoid
Now let’s list some foods which should not be taken in case of PCOD
- High fructose and high sucrose-rich foods
- White potatoes
- White bread
- White flour products
- Pastries and muffins
- Pasta, noodles and such food products
- Refined carbohydrates
- Highly processed foods and canned foods.
Changes in the diet and following these tips will reduce the weight slowly but steadily. This slow yet steady weight loss will improve the PCOD symptoms and helps in maintaining the insulin level and creates the ovulation. The most common problem duet o the PCOD- infertility can be overcome with such diet.
Exercise is must for every PCOD sufferers
Now another important point of overcoming PCOD is exercise. Without exercise one cannot fight back it. At least 150 minutes of exercise in a week is enough to overcome the problems. The main issue is daily physical movements which are very important to balance the hormones in the body.
Managing stress is also important
PCOD often causes excess stress in the person. Hence it is also important to handle the stress and manage it properly. For stress management, yoga and asana can help you a lot. The main thing that is done to reduce stress is meditation. Meditation can reduce stress, keep the body toxin free and also help you to focus more on work and in fresh mind. Thus yoga can also help to reduce the various symptoms of the PCOD.
Get engaged with some professional exercise centers
Often many gym or exercise centers combine both the physical activities and meditation in one course. One can practice both of them on alternate days which will be of great help. the physical activity will help to maintain the insulin balance in the body while the yoga can help in reducing the symptoms of the PCOD. The combination of both these exercise can show up the changes very fast within a few months. Even it can help in overcoming infertility too. But even before starting any exercise, consultation with the physician is very important. They can guide you which one is suitable for you.
Wrapping up the article, PCOD is really a challenging one. One needs to be quite determined to overcome the frequent mood changes, sudden crave for unhealthy foods or even not getting the energy to exercise. Every day it is different for a PCOD and they cannot relate with the previous ones. Hence it is a really challenging one. Often the support of near and loved ones can help such a patient to overcome the situation. They can encourage and motivate the person with positive thoughts. This would help them to get over the lethargies and negative thoughts.
Whatever is the situation, PCOD is getting higher in rate. More and more women are getting affected by PCOD and getting problems with pregnancy. A proper diet can help them to overcome the entire things. So follow the diet given by the dietician and do the exercise as much as possible.
A healthy lifestyle is all what PCOD demand. It makes you lead a beautiful life which we were not following for a longer time. To prevent the PCOD from the beginning, you need to take care of the diet and have physical activities on daily basis. And you will get a positive result.