Our immune system is considered as a major system in the body. When we consume some foods that are not suitable for the immune system, in that situation that food creates adverse conditions for health. These are considered as food allergies. A response to such foreign substances called the allergens which don’t really harm our body is called the allergy.
Food allergy symptoms:-
An expected food allergy formed when the immune system overreacts to food or any substance in the food. The food allergy symptoms can vary from mild to severe. The most severe symptoms of food allergy can be anaphylaxis which is dangerous to life. It causes a drop in the blood pressure which would affect the heartbeat. In this case, the breathing system is completely hampered. Some of the other factors that food allergy symptoms are going to bring on are;-
· Swelling at places on the body.
· Vomiting and cramps in the stomach.
· Itching and patches on the skin.
· Body pain
· Repeated cough
· Collapsing of the circulatory system.
· Sore throat
· Inability in talking or breathing
· Change in skin color
· Fainting frequently
· Weakening of pulse.
Foods causing allergies:-
There are several foods which people consume might lead to food allergies. These are like eggs, milk, pine nuts, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, wheat, soybean, cheese, coconut oil etc. other than that, there are also seeds like sesame and mustard seeds which might also be a cause of food causing allergies in many cases.
The food that causes allergies to go to start its effect on the within two hours of food consumption. Else it can start after the gap of four to six hours of food intake. Most children have delayed allergic reactions. Symptoms such as eczema can be the first identity of food allergies in numerous children.
Types of food allergy:–
1. Allergies to corn:-
People whose immune system is sensitive to corn or corn-based components that are likely to have this kind of allergy. It is difficult to diagnose this type of allergy with just blood or skin test. Symptoms of this kind of allergy include;-
· Rashes on the skin.
· Nausea, vomiting, indigestion, stomach cramps, diarrhea
· Runny nose.
· Anaphylaxis might occur in some cases
2. Egg allergies:-
This is quite a common kind of allergy. Mostly 2 percent of children are considered allergic to eggs. As per studies, about 70 % of children who are bearing egg allergies are above 16 years of age.
· Skin reactions
· Respiratory problems
· Pain in stomach
To stay protected from the allergy due to egg, it is important:-
· To avoid eggs.
· Before consuming any food must go through the food labels.
· Stay away from flu vaccines and yellow fever vaccines which likely contain egg proteins.
3. Allergies due to fish:-
People even get allergies due to eating fishes like tuna, halibut, and salmon. People face this kind of allergy by eating fish;-
· Skin Rashes
· Cramps in stomach, vomiting, and diarrhea.
· Stuffy and runny nose and repeated sneezing.
To stay safe from fish food allergy one need to avoid eating fish and fish products, treat symptoms of anaphylaxis with epinephrine.
4. Meat allergies:-
The meat allergies can occur at any age, especially the red meat develops this allergy. People even get allergy due to the eating of red meat which includes beef and pork, turkey and ducks as well.
· Hives or skin rashes.
· Nausea, stomach cramps, indigestion, vomiting, diarrhea.
· Stuffy and runny nose.
To treat the disorder, the best solution can be to avoid food and control the symptoms with antihistamines and corticosteroids.
Apart from the above, there are a good number of allergies relating to food types.
Food allergy causes;-
As per researchers, food allergy causes are not yet defined properly now. The cause can be the immune system because it handles harmless proteins that are present in certain foods as a threat & as a result, it releases a number of chemicals that trigger an allergic reaction.
Specialized proteins called antibodies produced by the immune system saves the body. An antibody that exists inside our body due to the immune system has identified potential threats to your body such as bacteria and viruses.
These antibodies have signaled to the immune system to release chemicals to kill the threat and help to intercept the spread of infection in the body.
Most common types of food allergy are the antibody E or the immunoglobulin E targets certain proteins that mostly found in food as a threat and it causes allergy reaction in the body known as Histamine. Due to this reaction, blood vessels start to expand as well as the surrounded skin become red & swell up due to an allergic reaction.
Food allergies in babies:-
Food allergies in babies are mostly found due to the usage of milk-based foods or cow milk. Due to this allergy, babies feel uneasy to digest cow milk and formula milk. Sometimes this allergy creates itchy red rashes, vomiting, and scratches on the skin which also results to bleed. Food allergies in babies might lead to severe consequences if not treated on time. Indigestion problem of milk in babies creates lactose intolerance and that intolerance has become a common cause of food allergies in babies.
Food allergies remedies:-
There are a lot of ways that proves as best food allergies remedies. Some of these are sorted here:-
· Ginger contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antibacterial properties which can be an excellent home remedy for the treatment of various gastrointestinal discomforts. So in order to prevent these allergies, sometimes physicians recommended chewing ginger daily.
· Sometimes guys feel stomach pain or diarrhea due to some allergies. So in that cases they should consume probiotic foods to overcome it.
· Foods rich in vitamin C help in restraining the buildup of toxins inside the body due to allergy. So people should take lemons, oranges, broccoli, grapefruits, kiwi and many others substances that intercept persons from allergy.
· Stinging nettle is also considered as a treatment for food allergies.It provides relief from allergy problems such as a runny nose, skin rashes.
Food allergy treatment:-
For food allergy treatment, medicos always prefer for antihistamines, adrenaline-like drugs. The antihistamines would block the effect of histamine that is responsible for the cause of an allergic reaction. Adrenaline would help in narrowing the blood vessels. This would counteract the effects of low blood pressure & opening up airways to overcome the problem of breathing that exists due to allergic reactions.
Incoming search terms: